Who are the Friends of Theatre?
The Friends of Theatre is an all-volunteer, parent-run group whose purpose is to support the Theatre Arts Department. Everyone is welcome. There are many opportunities to volunteer throughout the year. Most jobs take only 1 to 1 ½ hours.
What do the Friends of Theatre do?
- Manage Online, Box Office and Lunchtime Ticket Sales
- Run Concessions before performances and during intermission
- Offer “Break-a-leg Grams” to deliver to your favorite performers during shows
- Plan Rehearsal Dinners and Cast Parties
- Host the Cappies Dinner
- Coordinate printing of Programs
- Solicit Program advertisements from local businesses
- Promote events via local print and electronic media
- Assist with costumes and set builds
- Help with Fundraising events
- Maintain SLHS Theatre Arts website
If your hectic schedule leaves you with no time to volunteer, you can still show your support with a monetary donation. The costs to print Show Programs, host the Cappies Dinner and provide rehearsal dinners exceed $2000 per year, which is paid 100% with monies earned by small fundraising efforts and your generous donations.
Please send your donation in the form of a check payable to “SLHS”. Your child can deliver the check directly to Mrs. Harris or the check can be mailed to:
South Lakes High School
Attn: Maria Harris
11400 South Lakes Dr.
Reston, VA 20191
For questions, comments or to request general information, please e-mail: